[Live-devel] Problem with sending a PAUSE command

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jan 18 13:54:37 PST 2016

> I am working on little app to record RTSP streaming
> So i included a large part of OpenRTSP in my app, calling it in another thread (my entry point is the main function), but i got stuck very fast in the infinite loop "DoEventLoop" and I managed to make myself a exit point using watchVariable
> But now i am trying to send a PAUSE command unsuccessfully for now
> So my question is, how can i send a PAUSE command ( and PLAY to resume) from another thread knowing that my "Open rtsp" thread is in the doEventLoop ??

First, if you haven’t already done so, please read:
	http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#threads

You cannot ‘send’ a PAUSE command (or any other command) from another thread, because only the ‘LIVE555 event loop’ thread can do this.  However (and I think this is what you meant to ask), your separate ‘user interface’ thread can ‘signal’ the ‘LIVE555 event loop’ thread, by making it handle a special event.  The handler for this event would then send the PAUSE or PLAY command - i.e., within the ‘LIVE555 event loop’ thread.  One way to do this is to use the LIVE555 ‘event trigger’ mechanism; see:
	http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#other-kinds-of-event