[Live-devel] Getting RTSP stream in vector form for rendering in WebGl

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 26 23:58:57 PST 2016

> I need to render an RTSP stream in browser using WebGl, I get binary raw data with the ffmpeg in PNaCl in Google Chrome. Now I need to render the pixels in WebGl, but it seems that WebGl is a rasterization API which is good at rendering vectors and not pixels. I have found a class BitVector.hh. Can you please guide me what is the purpose of this class and can it be used to convert an RTSP to vectorial form so that I can render the stream in vectorial form in WebGl?

Sorry, but the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code doesn’t contain any rendering (i.e., video decoding) functions.  It lets you write a RTSP client that will receive encoded video (using RTSP/RTP); however, you will still need to write your own code (perhaps using a codec library like “ffmpeg”) to decode and render this video.

(The “BitVector” code is simply the implementation of a data structure for a ‘queue of bits’.)