[Live-devel] A question about live555's support on mp4‏

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jan 28 18:38:14 PST 2016

> Although we were partially successful with QuickTimeFileSink, the approach
> is not clean. We don’t have a complete rtpSource built for the high-res
> stream.

Thanks for the note.

The “QuickTimeFileSink” class was intended to be used to record data from an incoming RTP stream.  However, there’s no reason - in principle - why it could not also record from a non-RTP stream, so I’ve now installed a new version (2016.01.29) of the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code that updates the “QuickTimeFileSink” implementation to allow for the possibility of “rtpSource()” being NULL.

You should now be able to use a “QuickTimeFileSink” without having to modify the code.