[Live-devel] recommended way of running two instances of RTSPServer in a single process

Ben Rush ben at ben-rush.net
Wed Jul 13 11:38:15 PDT 2016

I'd like to have a single process expose two separate RTSP addresses:

rtsp://<myip>:<myport1>/endpoint1
rtsp://<myip>:<myport2>/endpoint2

...as opposed to having multiple video subsessions from one server media
session, I'd like two separate servers on different port numbers, etc. For
management (for us, anyway), it'll be easier if it's hosted in a single
process.

I assume what I'd have to do is literally create two separate instances of
BasicTaskScheduler and BasicUsageEnvironment, and attach two separate
instances of RTSPServer to each, and so forth. Or is this overkill? Can a
BasicTaskScheduler be reused? Basically I'm looking for the "best" way to
do this (and most supported moving forward).

...I also know that I could create multiple video streams under a single
media session ("video tracks"), but I'd like different endpoints
altogether.

Thanks.