[Live-devel] Crash inside RTSPServer destructor

Pavel Aronov paronov at netgear.com
Fri Jul 15 07:46:32 PDT 2016

Hi everyone

I have a problem in my application (implementation of proxy server) when I try to close RTSPServer. Application immediately crashes. Backtrace shows that it happens inside RTSPServer.

(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007f47500024e0 in ?? ()
#1  0x0000000001023976 in RTSPServer::RTSPClientConnection::~RTSPClientConnection() ()
#2  0x00000000010239d9 in RTSPServer::RTSPClientConnection::~RTSPClientConnection() ()
#3  0x000000000101f8cf in GenericMediaServer::cleanup() ()
#4  0x00000000010201e0 in RTSPServer::~RTSPServer() ()

Further investigations showed that it crashes on the following line: fOurRTSPServer.fClientConnectionsForHTTPTunneling->Remove(fOurSessionCookie). So the reason seems to be simple, we call "delete fClientConnectionsForHTTPTunneling" in RTSPServer, and after that we call cleanup, which deletes RTSPClientConnection and it makes a call to our already deleted fClientConnectionsForHTTPTunneling. If I place "delete fClientConnectionsForHTTPTunneling" after cleanup and recompile live555, there is no crash. If RTSP client doesn't use RTSP-over-HTTP tunneling, there is also no crash.

Is it a bug in RTSPServer? Or maybe there should be some steps, that I should take before call to "Medium::close(rtspServer)"?

Best regards,

Pavel

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.