[Live-devel] Manage (open / close) connection to camera with openRTSP and consume RTP via mobile client

Hikri Kobi Kobi.Hikri at elbitsystems.com
Sun Jul 24 06:14:35 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm examining the suitability of openRTSP for my needs.
It looks very promising!

My question:

Is it possible to use openRTSP to initiate an RTP stream from an RTSP camera - and consume the stream from another device?

This is what I've done this far:

1. My client sends a SIP message which contains an SDP to a proxy service. I currently do nothing with this SDP.
2. The proxy service invokes openRTSP and captures it's output SDP.
            Here is the invocation line:
    openRTSP -p 60000 -u dev dev rtsp://192.168.123.135:554/live/ec49fc08-e751-4a95-be0e-5f5e29a9bbc7
3. The proxy returns a 200OK message to the client with the returned SDP.

The client is not able to play the stream.

Here is the returned SDP (reported by openRTSP):

v=0
o=- 1469382999019782 1 IN IP4 127.0.0.1
s=libttrtspserver
c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0
t=0 0
a=tool:libttrtspserver 1.0.0
a=range:npt=now-
m=video 0 RTP/AVP 96
a=framerate:1.000000
a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000

How do I instruct openRTSP to return the correct camera address and port?

Any assistance will be highly appreciated :-),

Best regards,
Kobi.

The information in this e-mail transmission contains proprietary and business
sensitive information.  Unauthorized interception of this e-mail may constitute
a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this
communication is strictly prohibited. You are also asked to contact the sender
by reply email and immediately destroy all copies of the original message.