[Live-devel] Is your Live555 WebRTC Proxy available for testing.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jun 3 06:53:15 PDT 2016

> I am very interested in testing your live555 WebRTC Proxy server.

You can do this (‘test the LIVE555 WebRTC Proxy Server’) right now - using the web page
	http://webrtc.live555.com/
that we’ve set up.

Also, I’ll shortly be documenting the protocol that our HTTP server uses to communicate with the WebRTC Proxy Server, so you’ll be able to experiment with using your own HTTP server (i.e., with your own web pages; e.g., using PHP on your own HTTP server).

> We have a scenario that I believe this server fits well. Where can I download it? Is it a standalone executable similar to Live555 Proxy Server?

At some point in the future, I may be making the server available as a downloadable executable application.  Note, however, that the server currently needs to run on the public Internet (because it uses ‘ICE-lite’, not full ICE for NAT traversal).  Therefore, there would currently be no real benefit in making it a downloadable application - because people would probably not be able to run it inside their own organizations.  So for now, continue using the “LIVE555 WebRTC Proxy Server” running where it is.