[Live-devel] RTSP Pause command not implemented

Saskia van Emst s.vanemst at robotsecuritysystems.com
Thu Jun 23 00:40:06 PDT 2016

Hi Ross,

So I contacted the camera manufacturer (Hikvision) and asked them about the PAUSE command, and they said:

" If you directly send Pause command to our device, it will not active, because it is real time decoding."

Then I looked up the method definitions in the RFC (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2326#page-29) which says:

" Notes on Table 2: PAUSE is recommended, but not required in that a
   fully functional server can be built that does not support this
   method, for example, for live feeds."

Would it be hard to change the proxy behavior to disconnect instead of sending PAUSE when the last client disconnects? Perhaps via a command line switch to indicate server does not support PAUSE.

What I did try was simply replacing the sendPauseCommand with sendTeardownCommand, and then the data stream is stopped, but that creates issues because the proxy afterwards tries to resume the session..

Best regards,

Saskia

Message: 5