[Live-devel] http://live555.com/liveMedia/#config-windows with Visual Studio 2015 Pro.

Jannik Schacht Jannik.Schacht at km.kongsberg.com
Wed Jun 29 07:38:14 PDT 2016

Dear Live555 Support,

I am interested in using the openRTSP program for some scheduled video streaming tasks. My problem is now that I have no idea how to open it in Visual Studio 2015 Professional to compile me a .exe.
First I opened "win32config" and changed TOOLS23 to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC".  Then I created the makefiles like written in http://live555.com/liveMedia/#config-windows .
Then I searched for some open/import functionality in Visual Studio 2015 to open these but didn't find it. Then I read about nmake and tried to "nmake <projdir>\UsageEnvironment\UsageEnvironment.mak".
After reading that "ntwin32.mak" and "win32.mak" were missing and adding them (Out of Microsofts Windows 7.1 SDK) I hit my current problem which is "NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'include/UsageEnvironment_version.hh'"
I didn't change anything about the makefile (I use live555-latest.tar.gz last edited 26.06.2016) and the include/UsageEnvironment_version.hh file is present.
So I don't know why I get that error.
Could you please explain how I can import the necessary files for openRTSP into Visual Studio 2015 or make the makefiles working with nmake or send me a compiled exe version of the openRTSP program?

Best Regards,

Jannik schacht
Software Engineer KM Embient
Subsea Monitoring

Jannik.Schacht at km.kongsberg.com<mailto:Jannik.Schacht at km.kongsberg.com>
www.km.kongsberg.com<http://www.km.kongsberg.com/>

LOCATIONS
Kongsberg Maritime AS, Subsea Division, Strandpromenaden 50, NO-3183 Horten Norway, P.O.Box 111, NO-3191 Horten, Norway, Enterprise number 979750730

My location: Kongsberg Maritime Embient GmbH, a limited liability company according to German company law located at Gewerbering 10-14, 25469 Halstenbek, Germany, Handelsregister | Place of registration: Amtsgericht Pinneberg, Registernummer | Registration number: HRB 8422 PI, USt.-IdNr. | VAT ID-No.: DE269017722, Sitz | Registered office: Gewerbering 10-14, 25469 Halstenbek, Geschäftsführer | Managing Director: SörenThemann

Kongsberg Maritime Contros GmbH, a limited liability company according to German company law located at Wischhofstrasse 1-3 Bld.: 2, 24148 Kiel, Germany, Handelsregister | Place of registration: Amtsgericht Kiel, Registernummer | Registration number: HRB 8587 KI, USt.-IdNr. | VAT ID-No.: DE252286218, Sitz | Registered office: Wischhofstrasse 1, 24148 Kiel, Geschäftsführer | Managing Director: SörenThemann

CONFIDENTIALITY
This communication (including the e-mail and its attachments) contains KONGSBERG information that may be proprietary, confidential or subject to export regulations, and is meant only for the intended recipient(s). Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication is prohibited, unless and to the extent such disclosure, copying, distribution or use is explicitly agreed in advance with KONGSBERG. If this communication is received in error, please delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender promptly.

[SuMo Note - IT Outlook signature Logo_V1]