[Live-devel] Live555 RTSP server ---- libav packet->pts always 0

David Cassany Viladomat david.cassany at i2cat.net
Thu Mar 10 01:59:36 PST 2016

Hi franco,

I think the issue you are experimenting is more related to FFMPEG or LIBAV
than Live555. I am trying achieve the same you are tyring to, however I
don't have much time to dedicate to it. Up to now I am using the same
approach you suggested (using the current system time in PTS == 0 and
starting to increase it with PTS units) with some sort of success, however
I don't like this hacky solution, I am pretty sure there is a better
approach.

After digging a while I managed to find timing information in
AVFormatContext struct of FFMPEG. Get the RTSPState from priv_data, then
from there get the RTSPStream and then the RTPDemux. RTPDemuxContext
structure has RTCP information and timestamps, I believe there you can find
some sort of absolute timestamp.

I hope it is useful, and I'd be pleased to know if you managed to solve it
this way, as I am on the same way too ;)

Regards,
David