[Live-devel] RTP over TCP streaming

David Cassany Viladomat david.cassany at i2cat.net
Wed Mar 23 07:00:14 PDT 2016

Dear all,

I have some doubts about how to stream RTP over TCP.

I am trying to do so without RTSP, setting manually the IP and Ports, as I
do for UDP in a code like the following:

rtpGroupsock = new Groupsock(*env, destinationAddress, Port(port), TTL);
sink = H264VideoRTPSink::createNew(*env, rtpGroupsock, 96);
sink->startPlaying(*source, &afterPlaying, sink);

Where rtpGroupsock is pointing to the client address and port. To have a
similar approach to stream over TCP I suppose I have to use the method
setStreamSocket, but I could not find an example on that. I assume I have
to use this method to set the TCP socket to use by the sink, but I have not
a clear idea if this socket has to be already connected or not (before
startPlaying), or who's responsible to bind it (should I bind it with my
code?).

Thanks for any hint,
David