[Live-devel] Updating a tsx with live data

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue May 17 13:38:46 PDT 2016

Marshall,

Your colleague(?) Michael Chapman was the person who asked for this feature in November 2014 - i.e., 1.5 years ago.  At the time, I noted that it would be possible to update the “MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer” application to support creating (continually growing) indexes for continually growing Transport Stream files.  This would also require some modifications to our RTSP server’s Transport Stream 'trick play’ code to support non-static index files.

At the time, I was planning to do this; however, it ‘dropped off the radar’.  I can still do this; however, because it’s been 1.5 years since this issue last came up (and because nobody else asked for it in the meantime), I don’t consider it a high priority.  (However, should your company be interest in paying to expedite this, please have your management contact me, via separate email.)