[Live-devel] RTSPServer + WOWZA CPU 100%

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Nov 3 13:34:03 PDT 2016

> I am experiencing a high CPU usage caused by the RTSP server. One of the core of my server goes 100% for some time then seems to calm down by itself.

Does this happen even if you have a low number of streams, or only if you have a large number of streams (as in your example)?

In my experience, problems like this are often caused by running into an (operating system-imposed) limit on the number of sockets that your application can have in use at any time.  See
	http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#scalability

One way to overcome this limit (other than by increasing it in the OS) would be to run multiple RTSP server *processes* (each using a different RTSP port number, of course), rather than having all of your streams served by a single RTSP server process.