[Live-devel] TCP video streaming over mobile WAN

Lukáš Neumann neumann at onspace.cz
Wed Nov 16 08:28:02 PST 2016

Hi,

Platform: We are using Live555 rtsp server in HiSilicon Embedded processor for LAN/WAN video streaming
Embedded hardware running the server and we are using VLC in the client side (protocol TCP)

We have tested LAN and Broadband LAN, the stream works fine but when we switch it to mobile WAN the stream works for 15-20 seconds and gets terminated.
We removed embeded hardware and run RTSP server streaming data from locally stored file to mobile WAN even then the stream stops after some time. We also tried to connect commercial IP cameras together with the same mobile WAN to eliminate poor mobile connection, and it worked.

We have tried slice based and frame based encoding but no luck. UDP works fine, but with a lot of grey dropped frames.

Could anybody helps us resolving the issue

Thanks.

L.