[Live-devel] Retrieving kbps of data sent by the Live555 RTSP server.

Ben Rush ben at ben-rush.net
Tue Oct 4 08:02:37 PDT 2016

I can probably roll this myself and/or guess at the value, but I'm curious
if there's an authoritative value somewhere that I can query to just get
this... What I'd like to do is, from my Live555 RTSP server, determine the
number of bytes sent, to all clients, per second.

We have a scenario where, on a network, there are many instances of Live555
running (they run as monitoring stations in individual rooms). We have a
means of "talking" to the machine the server is on, and we'd like to
periodically query all machines on the network to determine how much load
they're putting on the internal network. We could query the operating
system itself for an approximate value, but we'd like to know, precisely,
how much traffic the RTSP server itself is responsible for.

Is there a variable somewhere that counts a statistic like this that I can
build upon, or should I just roll my own which counts NAL units or
something?