[Live-devel] Media Server not properly replying to DESCRIBE request

Omar Zouai omar at omarzouai.com
Sun Oct 9 06:46:55 PDT 2016

I haven't been able to receive and play a stream from live. I'm compiling
the testOnDemandRTSPServer, and trying to stream it using both VLC/2.2.4
and ffmpeg/N-81632-g09317e3 to no avail.

I'm building on Windows through VS2015, but I've configured the workspace
so that live compiles with no errors. I've added print statements all
throughout the source to ensure it's working, which it is.

For the elementary files I'm using the ones distributed through the live
site.

I've tried using both loopback and internal IP to connect. Completely
disabled the firewall while testing (I remembered to turn it back on).

Wireshark shows a 200 response for the OPTIONS command, but the response
for DESCRIBE is only 59 bytes.