[Live-devel] Fwd: Hit limit on receiving incoming packet over TCP(increase maxRTCPPacketSize)

Heena Sirwani heena.sirwani at gslab.com
Fri Oct 21 05:00:18 PDT 2016

Hi All,

I keep encountering the error in my proxy server:
"Hit limit on receiving incoming packet over TCP(increase
maxRTCPPacketSize)"
at random intervals.

I have made sure that the backend stream does not send RTCP packet sizes
beyond the size set at the proxy server.
Yet I seem to get this error and BYE packets with receiver reports are sent
to the backend server.

Attaching tcpdump of the communication from the backend to the proxy server.
The RTCP Goodbye packets sent with receiver reports from the proxy server
are precisely where the limits are hit at the proxy server. I filtered the
dump for RTCP packets beyond the size set at our proxy server:1450. The
filter does not return any records.

Attachment was rejected in the previous email.

Thanks,
-Heena