[Live-devel] time difference

Артур Хайруллин ah at avtodoria.ru
Mon Oct 31 00:14:01 PDT 2016

thank you. Ross! I found the reason it this answer

"But I notice that there's an abrupt change in a stream's presentation
times after the first RTCP "SR" packet has been received. Is this a bug?

No, this is normal, and expected; there's no bug here. This happens because
the first few presentation times - before RTCP synchronization occurs - are
just 'guesses' made by the receiving code (based on the receiver's 'wall
clock' and the RTP timestamp). However, once RTCP synchronization occurs,
all subsequent presentation times will be accurate.
This means is that a receiver should be prepared for the fact that the
first few presentation times (until RTCP synchronization starts) will not
be accurate. The code, however, can check this by calling "RTPSource::
hasBeenSynchronizedUsingRTCP()". If this returns False, then the
presentation times are not accurate, and should not be used for
synchronization. However, once the call to returns True, then the
presentation times (from then on) will be accurate. "

[image: ООО "Автодория"] <http://www.avtodoria.ru/>

*Артур Хайруллин* / Системный программист
ah at avtodoria.ru / +7 904 677 74 46

ООО "Автодория"
+7 843 524 74 12
Казань, Технопарк в сфере высоких технологий "ИТ-парк", Петербургская, 52,
офис 303
www.avtodoria.ru

*Инновации спасают жизни!*