[Live-devel] Fragmented intra frames

sampsa sampsa.riikonen at dasys.fi
Thu Sep 1 10:24:22 PDT 2016

Hi,

I am casting a webcam as H264 with ffmpeg ..

.. and then I pass the sdp file (and mediasession/subsessions) to the
live555 library.

My sink is based on the example "DummySink" class and works ok with a
variety of webcams.

However, with ffmpeg casted stream, I get frames along these lines (this
is what "afterGettingFrame" of my modified DummySink passes me):

nal_unit_type : 7 ( Sequence parameter set )
nal_unit_type : 8 ( Picture parameter set )
nal_unit_type : 5 ( Coded slice of an IDR picture )
nal_unit_type : 5 ( Coded slice of an IDR picture )
nal_unit_type : 5 ( Coded slice of an IDR picture )
nal_unit_type : 5 ( Coded slice of an IDR picture )
nal_unit_type : 1 ( Coded slice of a non-IDR picture )
nal_unit_type : 1 ( Coded slice of a non-IDR picture )

It seems that the I frame is in multiple slices.  I assumed that live555
would compose the slices and give me the I frames as a single slice/nal
unit.

Is there some H264DiscreteFramer kind of filter I should be using?

Regards,

S.