[Live-devel] order of frames

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Sep 8 00:06:46 PDT 2016

> On Sep 7, 2016, at 11:36 PM, Артур Хайруллин <ah at avtodoria.ru> wrote:
>
> Oh...i forgot another liiiitle question :)
>
> May i set threshold time to 0 if i must process only the newest frame with no latency then old frame with some latency ?

I’m not sure what you mean by this.  If packets arrive in order, then you won’t experience *any* latency, regardless of the value of the threshold time.  (You’ll see the threshold delay *only* if packets are out-of-order on the network.)  If you set the threshold time to 0, then all out-of-order packets will be discarded (i.e., treated as lost) - which is not what you want.  Therefore, as I said before, you should never set the threshold time to 0.)