[Live-devel] order of frames

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Sep 8 00:54:43 PDT 2016

> On Sep 8, 2016, at 12:44 AM, Артур Хайруллин <ah at avtodoria.ru> wrote:
>
> I want to set it to 0 just to test - " If packets arrive in order " or not.

No!  That’s not how the code works!  Once again: Our code always delivers data in order - i.e., it never delivers data out of order.  This is regardless of the value of the threshold delay.  (If you set the threshold delay to 0, then that just means that a packet that arrives out-of-order will be treated exactly the same as if it didn’t arrive at all - i.e., its data will be discarded.)

If you want to see whether RTP packets always arrive in order, then you have to look at the RTP headers yourself - which means using raw UDP packets, not our “RTPSource” classes.

This will be my (and your) last posting on this topic.