[Live-devel] May createNewSomething methods return NULL?

Helmut Grohne h.grohne at intenta.de
Mon Sep 12 04:37:16 PDT 2016

In this context, I wonder what you meant in 2009, when you wrote:
http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2009-September/011183.html
| - Write a subclass of "RTSPServer" that
| 	- adds a 'client session counter' member variable
| 	- redefines the "createNewClientSession()" member function to
| 		- just return if the counter is already at its limit
| 		- otherwise increment the counter and create a new

"just return" sounds a lot like "return NULL", but since that
createNewClientSession doesn't take any parameters by your claim above
it must not return NULL. Did you suggest to return something else?

Of course, 6 years is a lot of time and the context may have changed,
does the advise from 2009 still hold?

Helmut