[Live-devel] Live555 Proxy Server sometimes does not proxy source after connection loss

Erik Montnemery erik at montnemery.com
Mon Sep 12 11:44:58 PDT 2016

> Actually, all of the client’s ‘request queues’ should be reset by “RTSPClient::reset()”.
>
> I’ve now installed a new version (2016.09.08) of the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code that fixes this.

Thanks a lot, Ross!

I did some extended testing by modifying one of the 'back-end' devices
to reconnect to the network every couple of minutes.
Test result: The proxy server succesfully reestablished connection to
the 'back-end' device >3500 times with no unexpected behavior.
Prior to the fix, reproduction rate of hung communication associated
with the 'back-end' device reconnection to the network was roughly
10%.