[Live-devel] long delay when connecting via proxy

Virginia Hamm liverwurst at owal.io
Mon Sep 19 10:07:28 PDT 2016

The setup:

Hikvision and Vivitek IP cameras, feeding RTSP streams; proxied by
live555ProxyServer; viewed with VLC.

When I connect directly the the cameras, the video comes up almost
immediately (<1s). When I connect via the proxy, it takes between 15-30s
before the video comes up, depending on the resolution of the proxied
stream. Changing the I-frame rate on the cameras does not seem to affect
this startup time.

(1) Is this normal?

(2) If not, how do I go about debugging the problem? Any hints on what
might be wrong?

Thanks,

\/-/