[Live-devel] why am I getting "bad ports" in groupsock/GroupsockHelper.cpp:setupDatagramSocket()?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Sep 26 15:13:24 PDT 2016

> +      env << "Bad port number (@1): " << port.num() << "\n";
>        return -1;
>      }
>  #if defined(__WIN32__) || defined(_WIN32)
>
> Now, whenever a client connects to the proxy, I get errors such as:
>
> Bad port number (@1): 14875
> Bad port number (@1): 15131

You realize, I hope, that the function “Port:num()” returns the port number in network byte order.  If you want to see the actual port number (in host order), you should be outputting “ntohs(port.num())”

> In trying to debug something probably unrelated to this

Please tell us what problem that you’re *really* having, rather than trying to diagnose the problem yourself.