[Live-devel] Avoiding MPEG2-TS packet bursts

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Sep 27 07:16:10 PDT 2016

> OK. So, we take it MultiFramedRTPSink is not a good place to introduce such changes.
> Would it be reasonable something with our own filter that estimated the fDurationInMicroseconds for each Transport Stream 'packet' based on a know frame rate, and adjusting the inter-frame gap to a inter-packet gap? Much like you suggestion for the use of a "MPEG2TransportStreamFramer" below?

Yeah, sure, go ahead.

Or you could try the other things that I suggested in my earlier responses, namely
	- Stream H.264 video over RTP, rather than H.264-in-a-MPEG-Transport-Stream over RTP
	- Fix or upgrade your H.264 encoder to generate multiple ‘slice’ NAL units for each ‘key frame’
	- Fix or upgrade your router(s) to better handle bursty traffic