[Live-devel] Fwd: why am I getting "bad ports" in groupsock/GroupsockHelper.cpp:setupDatagramSocket()?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 28 13:30:10 PDT 2016

>  Too much subclassing is bad. This should just be an option.

Too many options are bad (especially for an obscure option like this that doesn’t affect many people).  Subclassing is good (and is the easiest way to make your changes LGPL-compliant).

> Speaking of options: why don't you use getopt()?

Last time I checked (admittedly, several years ago), “getopt()” wasn’t available for Windows developers who use Visual Studio.  But someday we’ll likely be ditching Windows as a possible platform for these server applications - in which case I might update the code to use “getopt()”.