[Live-devel] What is this technology and will it let me Facebook like stream?

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Sun Apr 9 18:52:17 PDT 2017

Hello List,

Please point me to relevant pages in wiki if these questions are
answered.  I've reviewed a bit of the site, but it's extensive.

I'm interested in technology that will allow us host your own rtsp to
web solution.  Is this such a technology?

I've been looking at different rtsp cameras and have a range of
applications of interest in the IoT space (I'm sure like everyone!)

I have built my own small hosting center and work with guys who have
servers in DC's around the world.  I'm interested in finding more
technology that we can 'value add' to our server offerings.  Clearly
just selling a 'VPS' isn't worth much any more.

I'm also interested in the ability to move video from a mobile device to
other people.  Facebook do this of course, and they do it really well,
but I've grown up learning the lessons of what happens when you put all
your eggs in the one computing basket... IBM, Novell, MIcrosoft, do I
need to go on?

I'm interested in the ability, for example, to make a small local news
site, and associated technologies so you can have your own platform.
Google, again for example, provide all sorts of very cool technology to
empower transmission via YouTube, but do you really want to give a giant
the cameras on your home that you just want streamed to your phone?

Cheers

Don Gould
31 Acheson Ave
Mairehau