[Live-devel] What is this technology and will it let me Facebook like stream?

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Mon Apr 10 14:39:25 PDT 2017

Hi Ross,

On 10/04/2017 3:52 PM, Ross Finlayson wrote:
>> I'm interested in technology that will allow us host your own rtsp to web solution.  Is this such a technology?
> Potentially; however not yet.  If you haven’t done so already, please see our demo at
> 	http://webrtc.live555.com/
Yes, I have checked out the demo and also hosted the sample html on my
own server.  My server runs https and I ran a ground very quickly.

> At least initially, the WebRTC server release will be a binary server application that people will be able to test on their own (public-facing) networks, to access ‘back-end’ RTSP streams (e.g., from network cameras),

The network cameras is of interest.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/xiaomi-smart-ip-camera-1080p-wifi-cmos-full-hd-notturna-motion-detection-8x-zoom_p5461601.html?utm_campaign=%5b123%5d&p.litb_from=affiliate_cf&utm_source=cf&utm_medium=affiliate

This garnished my interest.  At present we're paying ~$200NZD for
cameras with a fraction of the feature set from Ubnt.com  We've also
looked at all those 'security cameras' but they won't host content on
them and have limited capacity.

LIke you I'm sure, we're starting to see products that 'just make sense'.

We're a farming nation in New Zealand, hence the interest in IoT
technology like this.

> and distribute video via WebRTC, as illustrated by our demo.  I don’t yet have an ETA for this, but please continue to follow this mailing list (”live-devel”) for announcements about this.
Yes, the demo worked well enough, hence my expression of interest.

I'll look forward to seeing the binaries for evaluation and a
conversation around your business model to fund development.  I'm not
chasing a 'free' solution here, I'm chasing a 'sensible' solution. :)