[Live-devel] RTSP client doesn't receive stream if SDP attribute is "recvonly"

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Apr 19 06:47:03 PDT 2017

> If RTSP servers are using the correct SDP option "recvonly" as defined in
> ·         RTSP version 1.0: RFC2326 (https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2326.txt, „10 Method Definitions”)
> ·         RTSP version 2.0: RFC7826 (​https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7826.txt, "D.1.5. Directionality of Media Stream")
> the RTSP client will not receive the corresponding stream.

Our RTSP client code (which, by the way, supports only RTSP version 1.0; not RTSP version 2.0) completely ignores the “a=recvonly” attribute.  (In fact, this attribute is not even defined fully in the RTSP 1.0 specification; it just happens to be used in a couple of examples.)

Therefore, there must be some other reason why we are not receiving your RTSP/RTP/RTCP stream.  Do you have a publicly-accessible “rtsp://“ URL that we can test?