[Live-devel] live555 question

McLachlan, Donald (IC) donald.mclachlan at canada.ca
Tue Apr 25 11:32:44 PDT 2017

Hi All,

finlayson at live555.com<mailto:finlayson at live555.com> requested I re-send my e-mail to live-devel at lists.live555.com<mailto:live-devel at lists.live555.com>. ...

Thanks,
Don

From: McLachlan, Donald (IC)
Sent: April-25-17 1:53 PM
To: 'support at LIVE555.COM'
Subject: live555 question

Hi,

I've been reading about vlc and live555 keeps getting mentioned so I had a look at your web page.  Unfortunately I cannot tell whether live555 can be used for my requirement; so I am asking.

We are wanting to send video across a unidirectional link.
I am hoping that the media server includes timestamps and sequence numbers into the stream such that at the client end one can compute and report (or better yet if existing software will compute and report) stats like:

-          Number of lost packets.

-          Min/avg/max length of packet loss events, and the number of packet loss events.

-          Min/avg/max latency.

(I think these could be done by inspecting RTP timestamps and sequence numbers)
Are these things that can be done with live555?

Thanks,
Don