[Live-devel] RTCPInstance::setSpecificRRHandler question

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Aug 1 07:03:25 PDT 2017

> On Aug 1, 2017, at 6:48 AM, Jeff Shanab <jshanab at jfs-tech.com> wrote:
>
> In OnDemeandServerMediaSubsession in StreamState::startPlaying (line 530), we call
>
> void RTCPInstance::setSpecificRRHandler(netAddressBits fromAddress, Port fromPort,
> 		       TaskFunc* handlerTask, void* clientData)
>
> With "dests->tcpStreamSock", a socket number, for the first argument.
> Is it by design that we use the socket here?

Yes.  For RTP/RTCP-over-TCP streams, we use the socket number - rather than the source address - to identify the stream when an incoming RTCP “RR” arrives.  (Note the implementation of "RTCPInstance::noteArrivingRR()”.)

(Once again - if you’re having a problem with our code, then please just tell us what problem you’re having.  Don’t waste everyone’s time (including yours) by ‘speculating’.)