[Live-devel] Start Codes in Output Streams (again)

richard.lince at bluebox.video richard.lince at bluebox.video
Thu Dec 28 03:00:26 PST 2017

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the libraries, these are great.

I'm trying to write a scalable RTSP system, subsequently, I want minimal
memory copies and parsing of bitstreams.

Most encoders provide output with start codes within the bitstreams (AMD is
the only one that gives you the option not to0).

A frame returned from NVIDIA or Intel can have multiple Non-VCL NAL's within
the VCL frame returned.

Does a route or method exists to pass these frames, including the multiple
startcodes into a framer class?

Or must we always parse the returned frame from the encoder to break the
frame into the correct NAL chunks?

Cheers!

Rich.