[Live-devel] sending and receiving MKV video

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 4 12:07:35 PST 2017

> Using "testMKVStreamer" and Live555 streaming media, I want to send (stream) an MKV file and then  receive it using openRTSP.
>
> So I have two questions:
>
> 1 - what would be the output of live555? (.264 or .MKV), since I can not find any MKV related content as I sniff packets using Wireshark.
>
> 2 - if answer to Q1 is MKV, how can I force openRTSP to save the incoming stream as MKV?

We currently do not include support for multiplexing (i.e., receiving and assembling) Matroska (i.e., “.mkv”-format) files.  This is a ‘funded project’, however.  If anyone is interested in providing funding for this project, they can do so here:
	http://live555.com/funded-projects/live555_mkv.html

When you stream (i.e., transmit) a MKV file using our RTSP server (e.g., the “LIVE555 Media Server”), then the media is sent - via RTP - in separate RTP substreams (i.e., one substream for video; one substream for audio).