[Live-devel] how to make latency as low as possible

Gordon Apple ga at ed4u.com
Wed Jan 11 08:34:36 PST 2017

I’m currently a lurker on this list, but hope to eventually include RTSP
streaming in our educational presentation Mac app, iQPresenter. Latency is a
major factor. We currently produce movies, create HLS variants and segments
using Compressor. Talk about latency, “HLS” is a misnomer. Round trip
latency could be as much as a minute with HLS. One second might be tolerable
but I would hope for less. So we are definitely interested in what latency
can reasonably be achieved using RTSP.

--
G. Gordon Apple, PhD
Ed4U