[Live-devel] how to make latency as low as possible

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 17 00:31:57 PST 2017

> My question is this.
> 1. How the sink object decide its timing of fetching data from the source?

It doesn’t.  Instead, your video source object (if it’s programmed correctly) decides when to deliver a new frame of data (by arranging for “deliverFrame()” to get called - i.e., in handling an event.

> 2. What is the purpose of fPresentationTime?

To tell the receiver when (relatively) each frame should be rendered to the viewer.

> 3. Should I use my camera's capture timestamp for fPresentationTime?

Yes, this would be best (if this timestamp is accurate).