[Live-devel] Live streaming MKV video

mehdi semsarzadeh msemsarz at uottawa.ca
Wed Jan 18 09:29:52 PST 2017

Dear All,

I am trying to make a live555 rtsp server which streams live MKV video.
The sequence is writing to a FIFO with gstreamer and reading from it using
testOnDemandRTSPServer. First I start gstreamer then run
testOnDemandRTSPServer. But gstreamer crashes as soon as starting
testOnDemandRTSPServer. and when I start gstreamer again the whole thing
works.

I think there should be a problem in accessing FIFO for MKV stream. since,
I could do the exact procedure for H264, using testH264VideoStreamer and it
worked perfectly.

I should mention that both testOnDemandRTSPServer and testMKVStreamer work
fine when I try streaming a file. The problem is only when using FIFO for
streaming live video.

I will be thankful if you help me out.

yours,

Mehdi