[Live-devel] where to call signalNewFrameData

Roland Aigner Roland.Aigner at aec.at
Thu Jan 26 04:33:53 PST 2017

Hi,

I'm struggling a bit to get started. I was implementing a test RTSP server for streaming of live-encoded H.264 data. Since there may be hickups in delivering the data, especially in the beginning, where I have to do a lot of initialization, the NAL units buffer may underrun. In fact it does every time. Now I saw in your sample code of DeviceSource.cpp a template for signalNewFrameData which I apparently have to use if this happens. Now I'm not sure where a good place to call this would be. Ideally, I would call it from my subsession class, which is derived from OnDemanServerMediaSubsession, but I don't know where. Also, it seems like the subsession does not have a reference to the source, but only to the sink, at least in the sample implementations. I don't know if it is a good idea to keep a pointer to the source in the Subsession, maybe the source gets deleted somewhere and I'd try to access it... would you recommend this? I tried signaling from checkForAuxLine1, but I'm not sure. Also, the call doesn't work like that as it seems to just trigger a new call of the source's deliverFrame, but not of its doGetNextFrame. I'm not sure if this is the way it's supposed to work.

Is there a sample or documentation somewhere?

Thanks,
Roland