[Live-devel] streaming big H264 I frame out, image broken

Eric_Hsieh at alphanetworks.com Eric_Hsieh at alphanetworks.com
Thu Oct 12 22:49:58 PDT 2017

Hi Rose,

We are working on a camera. It is a pure ethernet camera with 1080p at 30fps and max bitrate is 8Mbit/s or higher. Now, we are facing the image broken problem when I frame size over 100,000 bytes. I found this, http://live-devel.live.narkive.com/LBpgaBLU/errors-when-streaming-hd-h-264-using-live555.

Here you said:
> The solution is to not send very large I-frames as single NAL units. Instead, you should encode these I-frames into multiple 'slice' NAL units.

Could you please give me some tips if we would like to do “encode these I-frames into multiple 'slice' NAL units” at live555? Thanks a lot.

This electronic mail transmission is intended only for the named recipient. It contains information which may be privileged,confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication by anyone other than the recipient or the recipient's agent is strictly prohibited. If this electronic mail transmission is received in error, Please notify us immediately and delete the message and all attachments of it from your computer system. Thank you for your cooperation.