[Live-devel] Backend Camera receiving DESCRIBE request in REGISTER's success response (200 OK) from Proxy Server

Durgesh Tanuku durgesh.tanuku at gslab.com
Fri Oct 13 04:04:20 PDT 2017

Hi Ross,

We are using live555 library (proxyServer) for proxying the back-end Camera
streams to end clients in one of our applications.

Recently I was trying to write a Camera simulation application (using
live555 2017.09.12) to test our Proxy Server. This Camera simulation app
Registers an RTSP stream (generated from local video file) with our Proxy
Server application. I have implemented this code referring to
testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp. This code is working fine.

But occassionally stream is not getting registered properly with the Proxy
Server. With the help of tcpdump and additional logs, I have found that
Camera simulation app received DESCRIBE request along with response to
REGISTER request. Below is the corresponding log that printed contents of
fResponseBuffer during Registration failure.

fResponseBuffer :

RTSP/1.0 200 OK
CSeq: 3