[Live-devel] Backend Camera receiving DESCRIBE request in REGISTER's success response (200 OK) from Proxy Server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Oct 27 17:41:01 PDT 2017

> In our Proxy Server (on development cluster), I have temporarily added a delay (500 ms) in ProxyRTSPClient::sendDESCRIBE() before sending DESCRIBE request to Camera simulation binary. With added delay there were no REGISTER failures from last 2 days. But I don't think it's a good idea to add delay in Proxy Server library code to solve this issue. So can you suggest me anything that i could do in Camera simulation code to solve this issue ?

FYI, I have now installed a new version (2017.10.28) of the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code that adds a 100ms delay - not to every send of “DESCRIBE” - but only to the first “DESCRIBE” after the handling of the incoming “REGISTER” command (and only when “reuseTCPConnection” is True).  This is intended to fix the problem that you saw - but cleaner and more efficient than your solution.

Please try this new version, and let me know it it works OK for you.  (If necessary, I can increase the 100ms delay, if it turns out that this is not enough to avoid the problem.)

(This version also fixes a problem with the “LIVE555 Proxy Server”.  Before, it was not handling the “-u <username> <password>” command-line option properly when handling an incoming “REGISTER” command (if the back-end stream being REGISTERed was access-controlled).  This should be working OK now.