[Live-devel] Relaying a unicast stream.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Oct 30 15:03:59 PDT 2017

> On Oct 30, 2017, at 2:35 PM, Mark Woodard <mwoodard at mutualink.net> wrote:
>
> OK. So testRelay is a good starting basis.

Well, that depends on how the source stream is generated.

If the source stream comes from a RTSP server - i.e., is accessed using a “rtsp://“ URL - then you wouldn’t use “testRelay” at all.  Instead, you’d use a RTSP client (as you did initially).

You’d use “testRelay” as a model *only* if your source stream has a well-known destination port, and can be initiated without requiring the RTSP protocol.

> Do I need to modify anything about the BasicUDPSink (or anything else) to accommodate a unicast source?

“BasicUDPSink” has nothing to do with the source; it’s used to specify the packets that are sent to the destination - in this case, a UDP packet (without RTP).  If, instead, you want to send RTP packets, you would use an appropriate “RTPSink” subclass.