[Live-devel] MultiFramedRTPSource::doGetNextFrame1 not return

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Sep 18 23:25:03 PDT 2017

>      When i use live555 as the client do receive stream, i find a question that one stream step into MultiFramedRTPSource::doGetNextFrame1, but no return. the stream don't get datas, then do while (fNeedDelivery) but not return, other stream can't receive datas. as the time the cpu is high. Do everyone have same suggesttion?

Sorry, but I’m not going to take the time to explain the arcane details of the code (especially because it’s already Open Source).  (I will note, however, that calls to “doGetNextFrame()” should always return, because I/O in LIVE555-based applications is asynchronous (event-driven).)

Instead, I suggest that you explain what, specifically, you are trying to do, and what is failing.

I also suggest that you begin by running the (unmodified) “testRTSPClient” and “openRTSP” applications, before you start writing your own applications using our code.