[Live-devel] RTP Slicing with ProxyServer

kjaeckel at fh-koeln.de kjaeckel at fh-koeln.de
Fri Sep 22 02:58:28 PDT 2017

Hey Ross, hey community,

I'm still analyzing the live55 library and trying to understand how it works.
My goal is to reach a slicing of RTSP streams from different sources
(RTSPServers) while proxying into one RTPSink.

The infrastructure we use is very dynamic and can change at any time
(Wireless Meshed Network). Our video source is also not static and so
may the corresponding RTSPServer change it's location (Flying drone).

I want to achieve a way to switch the signal to the known best
RTSPServer and proxy it to our clients, without having to handle
anything at client side.

Can I grab the RTPSink object from my running ProxyServerMediaSession,
create a new ProxyMediaSubsession to my new RTSPServer and 'simply'
reuse the RTPSink object? A 'SourceSession' will be identical to a
previous one with changing network addresses. The previous
ProxyServerMediaSession needs to be destruncted without cancelling all
pending tasks. (done in MediaSink::onSourceClosure()).

I don't know if you understand my question, as it's not a very common
use-case scenario. Even though I'm not quite sure if I can achieve my
project with the live555 library.

Some advises where to have a look at and start to create subclasses of
your code would be phenomenal.

Greetings, Konstantin