[Live-devel] Video from ip camera by private protocol.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Apr 10 03:53:03 PDT 2018

> On Mar 16, 2018, at 9:34 PM, p.gavrya at texnostart.com wrote:
>
> Hi !
> I'm just starting to understand the library, help with advice.
> I get data from the IP CCTV camera on a private video protocol. Data from the camera comes in fragments in real time.
> In the SDK camera, I register a callback function in which I process the data. After processing this data in the buffer, I get a video stream in the x264 format.
> How can I transfer this stream via RTSP now?

(Sorry for the delay in responding to this.)

This depends on what kind of data this is - because standard receiving client(s) (e.g., the VLC media player) need to be able to understand the data.  In other words, you need to define the “RTP payload format” for this data.

If the data is text, you can use our “T140TextRTPSink” class, which implements the standard “text/t140” RTP payload format.  In this case, the receiving client (e.g., VLC) should treat the data as if it were ’subtitles’ - i.e., timed text that can (optionally) be displayed on top of the video.

If, however, your data is something else, then you will probably need to define your own RTP payload format, and modiufuy your client applications to support it.