[Live-devel] Adding new RTP Payload Format

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Aug 2 02:20:31 PDT 2018

> On Aug 1, 2018, at 3:55 PM, Михаил Палатик <mpalatik at evs.ru> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> As  I  understood  from  previous  posts,  I  need  to  subclass  from
> MultiFramedRTPSource   to  receive  packets  in  currently unsupported
> payload    formats  ("RAW" for example). But I could not find a way to
> "install"  this  new  handler  other,  than modifying MediaSession.cpp
> createSourceObjects   function.   But   I   understand  that  this  is
> undesirable way. Is there more appropriate way?

Yes.  Note the comments near the top of “liveMedia/include/MediaSession.hh”.  These describe how you can support the reception and handling of new RTP payload formats, without having to modify the existing “MediaSession.cpp” code.

However, if you are planning to implement the ‘raw video’ RTP payload format described in RFC 4175, then you may wish to wait a little bit - because Thales Group have already said that they are interested in implementing this RTP payload format (at least for receivers).   Note my previous response to their question:
	http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2018-August/020988.html