[Live-devel] Re-streaming RTP as RAW-UDP multicast transported as MPEGTS

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Aug 28 12:02:24 PDT 2018

> Re#2.
> a> In trying to implement the FAQ recommendation of using fmtp_spropvps(),sps,pps and then passing the values to parseSPropParameterSets, I tried to follow the code in H265VideoRTPSink::auxSDPLine and createNew functions and removed the parts of code that look for a fragmenter.

Sorry, but if you modify the supplied source code, you can expect no support on this mailing list.

But in any case, you won’t use “H265VideoRTPSink” at all, because you’re not streaming via RTP.  Instead (as you explained in your earlier email) you want to sent the H.265 NAL units over raw UDP, you should instead use a “BasicUDPSink”.

But as I explained earlier, you should first try writing the Transport Stream data to a file, and trying to play the file, before you try streaming over UDP

> b> Do I need to use all the code in the auxSDPLine function?

The “auxSDPLine()” function is completely irrelevant for you, because you won’t be creating a SDP description for your outgoing stream (because you won’t be creating a RTSP server for it).  (And even if you were, the outgoing stream would just be a Transport Stream, which wouldn’t need any ‘alternative’ lines in the SDP description anyway.)