[Live-devel] FW: I can not convert RTP to RTSP by testOnDemandRTSPServer example

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Dec 12 17:27:03 PST 2018

I think you may be misunderstanding the purpose of the “mpeg2TransportStreamFromUDPSourceTest” example in the “testOnDemandRTSPServer” code.  The purpose of this code is to demonstrate how to create a RTSP server that can re-stream a MPEG Transport RTP/UDP (or raw-UDP) stream that is transmitted to the server *** from somewhere else ***.

For example, our “testMPEG2TransportStreamer” demonstration application reads from a MPEG Transport Stream file, and transmits this data (as a RTP/UDP stream) to an IP multicast address.  The “mpeg2TransportStreamFromUDPSourceTest” example code shows how the “testOnDemandRTSPServer” application can receive this stream, and then serve it (using RTSP/RTP) to one or more RTSP clients.

If, however, your MPEG Transport Stream is already available (as a file, or an ‘open file’ (socket)) on the same machine where you want to run “testOnDemandRTSPServer”, then you don’t need the “mpeg2TransportStreamFromUDPSourceTest” code at all.  Instead, you can simply use the “mpeg2TransportStreamTest” code - as you have already done.