[Live-devel] Zero Latency Live Streaming

Kevin Bailey kevin at advantaacomputer.com
Fri Dec 28 09:00:07 PST 2018

Hi all! I am not quite understanding why my code has so much latency... My
main use case is not for gaming, but I did try to play a game over the
stream and the latency is HORRIBLE. I am not quite understanding what the
cause could be...

Here are some links to my code on pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/LzcjzKJn   (LiveSourceWithx264.h)
https://pastebin.com/aBS1jGHN (LiveSourceWithx264.cpp)
https://pastebin.com/sT8vSvA5  (x264Encoder.h)
https://pastebin.com/SvgfSUg9   (x264Encoder.cpp)
https://pastebin.com/Whk38qVu  (h264LiveServerMediaSession.h)
https://pastebin.com/kNP3KVm6 (h264LiveServerMediaSession.cpp)

I am using a raspberry PI with omxplayer as my client. Note omxplayer uses
hardware acceleration to render screens so I am doubtful that it is the
cause of my latency. Please let me know if there is anything else I need to
supply.