[Live-devel] Proxy server capabilities?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Feb 21 17:25:07 PST 2018

(Sorry for the delay in responding.)

> I have a source RTSP stream that I want to record to disk. This stream will be about 10 minutes long. I might want to retransmit this as a new RTSP stream but it is not required.
> Every time  a certain event occurs (think someone pushing a button) I want to do three things.
> First off I want to start a RTSP stream that is looping playback of the last 4 seconds of the source RTSP stream in slow motion.
> Secondly I also want to save the 4 seconds of slow motion video to disk.
> Finally I want to save in a file the frame numbers in the original stream that correspond to the start and end of the slow motion video.

You can’t do this with our ‘pre-built’ applications - but, with a bit of programming, you could do this using a combination of our “RTSPClient” class (for retrieving data from the source RTSP stream), our “RTSPServer” and “OnDemandServerMediaSubsession” classes (for serving the new ‘slow motion’ video to clients, and our “StreamReplicator” class (for replicating the ‘slow motion’ video, so you can save it to a file as well as streaming it).